My favorite part of my financial empire, is my dividend growth account. The idea that I could turn on a passive income sometime in the future without needing to interact with others just brings a smile to my face.
I am not naive I am well aware that possibility is at least a decade away (maybe more), but the best time to plant a tree was yesterday, and the second-best time is today. In the past, I have blown the account up using short puts (which I am still doing but have learned some very real lessons), as well as using the account for a few bigger purchases. With nothing on the horizon, I don’t see another invasion any time soon.
2022 Dividend Growth Screen
In January I gave myself the following parameters for 2022:
- The company must have increased their divdiend at least 15 years; and
- Price to Earnings under 15; and
- Price to Free Cash Flow under 20; and
- Earnings per share positive for past 5 years; and
- Sales growth positive for past 5 years; and
- Payout Ratio under 30%
Quarter 2 Dividend Growth Undervalued Screen Results
After cross-referencing the 250 or so of those companies with a dividend growth history of 15+ years with the above screen I was left with the following companies:
- AROW Arrow Financial Corporation Financial Banks – Regional
- BHB Bar Harbor Bankshares Financial Banks – Regional
- BMRC Bank of Marin Bancorp Financial Banks – Regional
- CTBI Community Trust Bancorp, Inc. Financial Banks – Regional
- FLIC The First of Long Island Corporation Financial Banks – Regional
- MCY Mercury General Corporation Financial Insurance – Property & Casualty
- NWFL Norwood Financial Corp. Financial Banks – Regional
- PB Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. Financial Banks – Regional
- SBSI Southside Bancshares, Inc. Financial Banks – Regional
- TMP Tompkins Financial Corporation Financial Banks – Regional
- XOM Exxon Mobil Corporation Energy Oil & Gas Integrated
Those companies I have bolded are positions that have been opened. My goal until the next screen is to build the smaller ones (AROW, MCY and NWFL).